What are Sponsor Spots?
• Sponsor spots are brief identifying messages broadcast to recognize businesses and organizations that provide financial support for station’s programming.
• A non‐profit, non‐commercial TV or radio station, does not broadcast commercial advertisements.
Become a sponsor of "Good Morning, Belfast!' so that your business or organization can:
• Receive TV exposure and support diverse programming at the same time.
• Enhance your reputation and gain public recognition as a supporter of grassroots community TV.
• Become well known to your area residents and the thousands of visitors who access the area.
Script Guidelines for Announcements:
• The content of sponsorship credit announcements must comply with station’s and FCC regulations, and are crafted cooperatively by station and each underwriter.
• Announcements cannot exceed 30 seconds, and station reserves the right to accept or decline any announcement.
Announcements may include:
• Sponsor's name, location, phone number, business hours, web site, etc.
Factual, value‐neutral description of the sponsor's business, product line, or service
• Identification of services, products, or brand names (without using qualitative or comparative language)
• Slogans or marketing themes that identify (but do not promote) the underwriter
Announcements may not include:
• Qualitative, comparative or promotional language
• Calls‐to‐action, prices, or incentives to buy
• Viewpoints on public issues or political candidates
• Direct relation to program content
Sample Scripts for General Sponsorship:
• Support for “Good Morning, Belfast!” comes from XYZ of Belfast, offering x, y, and z since 1970. XYZ is open from 9 am to 6 pm, Monday through Saturday. You can reach them at 383-xxxx, or visit their website at: www.XYZ.com.
• Support for “Good Morning, Belfast!” comes from XYZ, a weekly tabloid published in Northport, providing the Mid Coast of Maine with community news since 1985
Script Template/Sample for short term Special Event Sponsorships:
• Support for “Good Morning, Belfast!” comes from XYZ Organization in Searsport, presenting a night of jazz with ABC in concert on January 1 at 8 p.m. Ticket information at xyz.org. XYZ is a non‐profit organization.
• Support for “Good Morning, Belfast!” is provided by XYZ, presenting ABC artist/performer, Wednesday, August 22nd. info@XYZ.com.